* * * Things You Need To Know Before Ordering * * *
1. Before you begin, please make sure that you have complete and correct street addresses for all orders. We cannot be responsible for items that are returned to us because of an incomplete or incorrect address. U.S.D.A. regulations forbid re-shipping an item that is returned to us. It must be discarded. Therefore, re-shipments result in double payment on your part.
2. UPS requires that all streets be identified as "street, drive, court, avenue, boulevard", etc, and that the street number be given.
3. If an address is a rural route, please give the route and box number. Without the box number, the UPS driver will not know which house to deliver the item to. (Ex: Route 3, Box 147)
4. Many rural route addresses have now been changed for 911 emergency purposes, so make sure that the addresses you have are up-to-date.
5. North Carolina residents pay state sales tax, even if items are shipped to another state.
6. Items sent to addresses that are West of the Mississippi will be shipped UPS Air Mail at an additional charge, which is noted on the order page of this web site. This will ensure that each item arrives in excellent condition and ready to enjoy.
7. Orders being shipped to Alaska and Hawaii must call for shipping charges.
8. We do not ship outside the USA.
9. We offer a 5% discount for orders of 25 or more turkeys and/or hams. (DISCOUNTS DO NOT APPLY TO SHIPPING/HANDLING CHARGES)
10. Your Stegall Smoked Turkey or Ham will normally arrive thawed and ready for immediate use. Please freeze it if you don't plan to use it right away, then just thaw for serving. We have not changed our natural preparation method or our shipping and handling procedures since we have been in business, so you can rest assured that your products will arrive in tip-top condition.
11. A brochure with full instructions and information comes with your turkey or ham and is located on the outside of the shipping box, with the shipping label attached. Simply remove it from the clear envelope and read all of the instructions carefully as soon as the product arrives.